Based in Paris, France
Press / Business contact:
Gladiabots is an AI Driven Fighting Robots Competition.
Create your own AI and watch your robots execute it in the arena.
Fix it, improve it and repeat until you outsmart all your opponents!
Winning isn’t a matter of how fast you click but how your AI really performs.
The game's unique AI system is both simple and powerful.
The unmatched strategic freedom it offers will put your creativity and tactical skills to the test.
Gladiabots started as one of my many spare time projects.
Early 2016, I released a first alpha version, which quickly attracted a lot of attention and positive feedback.
That's why, later that same year, I decided to quit my cosy job at Amplitude Studios to work full-time on it and live the ultimate solo indie dev experience.
The game is currently in Alpha.
FeaturesVisual AI editor
Never programmed before?
The visual AI editor will allow you to discover the creative freedom of programming without having to learn a new language.
The game is cross-platform PC/mobile.
Craft your AI from home and fight on the go!
It uses asynchronous multiplayer: you don’t need to wait for your opponent, your robots will fight even if one of you is offline.
Gladiabots - Alpha Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Gladiabots, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Top 10 finalist", 2017 Google Play Indie Games Contest
- "A clever game, and not without its funny moments, as you destory the entire opposition only to realise all your bots are programmed to huddle around the ball for all eternity because you forgot the "pick up" command."
- Brendan Caldwell, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Destroying opposing robots may require only simple chains, but defending a base, retrieving items, and repelling enemies, all at the same time, starts demanding advanced logic and incredible foresight – especially when different types of Gladiabots start becoming available, each with their own specific skills. Thankfully, any errors in your code can be corrected on the fly, making for a speedy, fun lesson in AI design."
- Matt Kamen, Wired UK (Gaming)
- "Je me suis amusé plus d'une heure à passer les dix premières missions disponibles et j'en ai encore la cervelle fumante."
- Ackboo, Canard PC
- "It's a very impressive game, that gives some insight into actual video game AI programming, with a fun premise and an intuitive user interface that makes it easy to understand and (most importantly) fun to play!"
- Leo 'Freak' Anderson, AlphaBetaGamer
- "Games like SpaceChem, Perfect Paths, and TIS-100 have abstracted programming into challenging puzzlers, but the upcoming Gladiabots will let you test your programming skills in the arena of robotic warfare."
- Christian Valentin, PocketGamer
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Lonesome Game Dev